Hall

Mathew Jacobson, Green Mountain Forest Watch grnmt at sover.net
Thu May 25 08:23:05 CDT 1995

Greetings Good Ruggleites,

It strikes me with all these Korrespondances between other writers,
analysts, novelists, scientists, that there has been little mention, in my
time at least, of Pynchon's own oft proclaimed favorite novel, "Warlock".
Omited even from the further reading list on the Pynchon Home Page.  Seems
the paralels between the Zone and the Wild West  -  the opportunities for
freedom and the ambiguities of what that means, paths taken and not taken,
We systems and They systems, the birth and rebirth, evolution and
devolution of dreams, idealsm, systems, and "Order" are ripe for analysis,
discussion, disection, etc.  Anyone know of any work on this?

Mathew Jacobson
Green Mountain Forest Watch
48 Elliot St *Brattleboro, VT 05301 * (802) 257-4878 * (FAX) 257-8529

A few keep going over to the titans every day...