Copyright and Civil Disobedience

Jody Keith Gilbert gilbert at sfu.ca
Tue May 30 17:19:46 CDT 1995

> 	However corrupt and perverse the concept of copyright, we must not
> endanger the proprietor of this list when we protest it.  Lie down in the
> street or lobby your Congressman, if you want to change the law -- do
> not use someone else as a tool.
>
> 				Andrew Walser

Thank you Andrew.  This concern actually surprised me. Not that I
hadn't thought of the possibility of some entity attempting to
implicate me in copyright infringement, but I had never expected
someone to be concerned about my welfare as related to this issue.
Any concerns I might have had were about the survival of this list as
a forum for discussion of pychon-related material, and since if this
list were to be closed down, in the spirit of W.A.S.T.E. it would
surely be reincarnated pdq, I didn't worry much about it.

I am a little uncomfortable that someone might curb their anarchistic
tendencies out of concern for me.

John (Jody) K. Gilbert
Department of English
Simon Fraser University