GRGR: Of Andrew's Comments

Henry Musikar gravity at dcez.nicom.com
Tue Sep 24 17:37:33 CDT 1996

Pixelation as an animation technique has been around practically
since the beginning of film: it is simply shoot it, move it, shoot
it, move it; often with outlandish results, eg. someone sitting on a
road with their legs outstretched, holding a steering wheel and
skimming along.

On 24 Sep 96 at 14:24, grip at netcom.com wrote:

> Date:          Tue, 24 Sep 1996 14:24:00 -0700 (PDT)
> From:          <grip at netcom.com>
> Subject:       Re: GRGR: Of Andrew's Comments
> To:            LARSSON at VAX1.Mankato.MSUS.EDU
> Cc:            pynchon-l at waste.org

> On Tue, 24 Sep 1996 LARSSON at VAX1.Mankato.MSUS.EDU wrote:
>
> > Andrew wonders about the following:
> >
> > `pixilated' apparently means deranged or disoriented and is
> > derived from `pixie-led'. 	 	Your definition is correct, but it's
> > not listed in my ed. of the OED. 	The term is used importantly,
> > though, in Frank Capra's MR. DEEDS GOES 	TO TOWN.
>
> In modern times it is also an animation technique. Pixel from the
> dots on your CRT has a similar root. Pixies are small movable
> objects in computer games.
>
> grip

Keep Cool, but care. -- TRP
http://www.nicom.com/~gravity/mypage.htm