M&D Traffic/New List?

mark.novitz at ny.ubs.com mark.novitz at ny.ubs.com
Fri Apr 11 16:22:27 CDT 1997

     IA5TEXT

     An idea...

     Why not set up a M&D splinter list?  I know it's an outlandish idea,
     and probably not a very viable one, but, in theory, it's not the worst
     idea...

     ...and not that I'm all-that hoity-toity, but setting up a splinter
     list that is announced only on the list could help separate out some
     of the Pynchon-come-latelys that arise from the coming book
     release...(i.e. they'd hit this list first, talking about M&D, but
     prior P-Lister would know the right list to use...)

     ...of course, we were all Pynchon-come-latelys at some point in our
     lives (how many of read you V. as a hard cover in the first
     printing?)...

     ...honestly, I'm not advocating this idea per se--just throwing the
     idea out there to mull over...

     ...how worried, how paranoid are we P-listers about the coming
     onslaught of P-List wannabees?

     Get the T-Shirts ready now!

     /novitz/
     /nyc/