Heikki luft axe god

Charles F. Albert calbert at pop.tiac.net
Fri Aug 1 07:52:09 CDT 1997

>From todays Boston Herald:

FINLAND TO HOST AIR GUITARISTS

If you can pretend to play a guitar better than anybody else, you
could walk away with a real one. All are invited to the "air-guitar
world championships", now in its second year and hosted by the town
of Oulu in northern Finland on Aug. 29.
Pretenders to world mastery in the art, which is practised by
aspiring rock stars everywhere, may take the stage with or without
background music - but they are not allowed to play a real
instrument.
"It's the choreography that makes a good air-guitarist," organizer
Pekka Puusti said. Top prize is a Fender Stratocaster guitar.

Geez heikki ANYTHING but "The Final Countdown", perhaps a little
Yngwie Malmsteen, or better yet, some Bach.

Also a good write up on Ronnie Earl. Yo, ted, didya know his parents
were Holocaust survivors? Is it only coincidence that he looks like
Leon Redbone's little brother? Turns out I probably saw him back when with
Roomful of Blues in Providence.
love,
mom o' h.
(he'd better come back soon, that woman will kill me)