MDMD(5) Chap 16----Questions

Matthew P Wiener weemba at sagi.wistar.upenn.edu
Mon Aug 4 07:41:36 CDT 1997

>Also, if someone called Rebekah really was the wife of Charles
>Mason--does anyone have any information here?

Rebekah Mason's tombstone at Sapperton Church gives her date of death
as February 13th, 1759, and the epitath includes the phrase "Wife of
Charles Mason, Jun^r. A. R. S."  (ARS=Associate of the Royal Society)
Since this is only MDMD(5), I will refer you to p761 for a point of
detail.

>167.20  " the extraordinary Cheese, as it slowly aged, had already
>provided material for months of public Rumor." Imagine living
>in a town so small that ageing cheese is a hot topic!

And no TV, either.  Really, it didn't take much in those days to be a
hot topic.  (Why do you think public hangings disappeared?  I do not
think a rise in self-consciousness is the answer.)
--
-Matthew P Wiener (weemba at sagi.wistar.upenn.edu)