Internet Perfidity

Henry Musikar gravity at nicom.com
Fri Aug 8 13:09:25 CDT 1997

On  8 Aug 97 at 12:43, Peter Giordano <Peter.Giordano at williams.edu>
wrote:
<snip>
> Greg is absolutely right that all the problems of the internet like
> porn or credit-card fraud have always been there - But I would
> suggest that if I wrote an article where I claimed to be the
> inspiration or model for a character in GRAVITY'S RAINBOW and I
> submitted that article to THE NEW YORKER or PYNCHON NOTES or any
> other journal my article would be rejected unless I could come up
> with some darn good evidence for my claims - But I
<snip>

Your article probably would be rejected unless you could back it up.
If the article was well written, by a published journalist who went
to school with Pynch, and who got into the public Pynch arena early
on...

How do we know that there is one person who wrote all the books we
ascribe to Pynch? I think that one of the greatest effects of Pynch's
not appearing in public is to give him a Shakespearean stature.

Belief is just a swallow away.

AsB4,
Henry Musikar
(-::-)
Keep cool, but care. -- TRP
Moderation in moderation. -- Husky Mariner
DON'T PANIC! -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
What, me worry? -- A. E. Newman