Internet Perfidity

Dale L. Larson dale at iam.com
Fri Aug 8 12:45:57 CDT 1997

Mr. Musikar pontificates:
> How do we know that there is one person who wrote all the books we
> ascribe to Pynch?

Look at the article written for Yahoo Internet Life's Daily Double
(there's a link from the Lineland media page at
http://www.iam.com/reviews.html) for something of my take on that.  (The
quotes from me aren't from an interview -- they came from the
fact-checker's call to our offices trying to confirm things their
journalist wrote -- I wasn't about to confirm anything.)

Heck, I often think that most of Pynchon-L is imposters. Maybe Jules just
made up Peter so he could have more fights. (And no, I don't condone the
fights or the impersonations.) Or maybe Peter is really the author of
Lineland, and he made up Jules, and he put on quite a show for me when I
visited Cancun and met the person I believe to be Jules.  Hell, maybe
Peter made up Pynchon-L, too, and besides me, he's the only person
reading it or writing to it. I dunno.

Would all the genuine people here please raise their hands, and would the
rest of you please stop fucking with my brain?

dale
http://www.iam.com