Internet Perfidity

davemarc davemarc at panix.com
Fri Aug 8 19:41:07 CDT 1997

> From: Peter Giordano <Peter.Giordano at williams.edu>
>
> It was suggested that the fact that Vonnegut was the victim of an
internet
> hoax is no big deal because Vonnegut wasn't hurt by the prank - I
disagree
> and apparently so does Vonnegut (as the following quote suggests):
>
> "How can I know whether I'm being kidded or not, or lied to?  I don't
know
> what the point is, except how gullible people are on the Internet?"  An
> angry Kurt Vonnegut [...] From THE BERKSHIRE EAGLE, August 8, 1997. p.A7

I wonder if Peter's "done his research" and found out exactly why someone
(who??) at THE BERKSHIRE EAGLE apparently characterized Vonnegut as
apparently being "angry."  Peter's apparently done such a good job at
convincing me that all sources must be questioned that I apparently feel
compelled not only to publicly question THE BERKSHIRE EAGLE, but also to
question Peter's own report about it.  After all, Peter's apparently gone
out of his way to remind us on a virtually daily basis that we should
question the apparent credibility of everything we apparently encounter on
the Internet.  I must admit that, before he apparently began contributing
to the list, I apparently believed *everything* I apparently read on the
Net.  As a result, I'd simultaneously identified myself as an follower of
apparently 88,080,008 belief systems.  But Peter's posts apparently
straightened me out--now, I'm apparently not even sure his posts had that
effect!  I'm apparently certain there must be others on the P-list who've
had a similar experience.

Testify!!  (Just don't expect me to believe you--whoever you apparently
are!!)

Apparently kidding around,

davemarc (A.k.a. Jules Siegel, Chris, Fidel Castro, Mittelwerk, Steelhead,
Steven Spielberg, Chris, Diana York Blaine, Peter Giordano, Chris, Leni
Riefenstahl, David Casseres, David Kipen, David Andignac, DAVID ALAN BUUCK,
David Dasinger, David Evers, David L. Pelovitz, Ph.d., u.s.w.)