Shameless self-advertisement

Paul DiFilippo ac038 at osfn.rhilinet.gov
Sun Aug 10 11:16:34 CDT 1997

Friends--I beg your indulgence in advance for what follows.  I
wouldn't be doing this if I weren't proud and if I didn't feel
there might be a certain kindly level of interest on the list
in the matter.
About twelve years ago, I decided that what the world really
needed was a thematic "sequel" to GRAVITY'S RAINBOW, and that I
should write it.  What a folly and delusion of grandeur this
proved to be!  For the past decade-plus, I've struggled to get
the resulting manuscript into print, revising and enlarging
my original conception into something approaching--just barely--
the magnificence of GR.  But now--thanks to joint efforts of
small press mavens Andy Watson (Cambrian Publishing) and Brian Clark
(Permeable Press) my novel CIPHERS exists.  (I actually held a
copy this week, an incontrovertible reality which I awaited
before announcing the project to you all.)  I wanted to announce
this so that you could all hector your neighborhood librarians
(small-town or otherwise) to buy a copy.  I dare not plead with
any individual actually to purchase one for their own
enjoyment, lest I suffer LINELAND-magnitude assaults <grin>.  In any
case, I now point you to the official CIPHERS web page:
http://www.cambrianpubs.com/DiFilippo/Ciphers.html.  Additionally,
I will now forward a review--the first--of CIPHERS from author
Lance Olsen.  Read it if interested, discard otherwise.
Thanks again for your comradeship and support!

--
Paul Di Filippo & Deborah Newton/2 Poplar St./Prov., RI 02906
"So far as the interests of the capitalist go it does not matter