Insane

David Casseres casseres at apple.com
Tue Aug 12 13:18:21 CDT 1997

Andrew sez
>...And of course there is that old chestnut
>`eccentric' which seems to be the epithet most favoured by non-Brits
>on Brits.

Not only by non-Brits.  Once at a conference an Englishman identified
another Englishman for me by saying "He's the English Eccentric over
there by the table."  He was referring to a tall, elderly man with a
George Bernard Shaw beard and eyes that might have been drawn by Blake.
Come to think of it, though, he didn't mean that the man (a very
distinguished artist and typographer) was crazy -- only that he matched a
well-known stereotype.

Cheers,
David