sequels/fan fiction

Bruce Appelbaum Bruce_Appelbaum at chemsystems.com
Thu Aug 14 10:56:54 CDT 1997

     I know what Paul said, and even sent off for a copy of the book.  I
     was hypothetically referring to a completely new endeavour.

Subject: Re: sequels/fan fiction
Author:  Peter Giordano <Peter.Giordano at williams.edu> at Internet
Date:    8/14/97 11:26 AM

He said:
[..]
>     Now, in the case of TRP, perhaps publication (or announced
>     publication) of an unauthorized sequel to GR, will finally draw him
>     out in the open to take legal action.
I say:
For the record, Paul did not say he was writing a sequel to GR - He said,
and I'm sure he now regrets saying it, that he was writing a "thematic
sequel" : that is a novel that takes off on the ideas he found in GR

Peter Giordano
Williams College
Williamstown, MA