Independents/Deepen(Sun)dance (was Re: Book Selling/Censors

Sojourner sojourner at vt.edu
Thu Aug 14 14:19:17 CDT 1997

At 07:27 PM 8/12/97 -0500, Henry Musikar wrote:

>On 12 Aug 97 at 16:21, Sojourner <sojourner at vt.edu> wrote:
>
>> So don't give me that load of shit "Think of that next Independence
>> Day". I used to live in England and I assure you we are QUITE
>> independent of them, to the point where its difficult to even
>> understand their SPEECH of the "same" language".
>
>If you lived in England, why is this not English? Independent of
>what? You seem to have taken my questions QUITE personally. I'm glad
>that you support your local independents, but that does not address
>the fact that we are getting to a point where many people do not live
>near any independent shops, don't care, and wouldn't recognize an
>independent tomatoe if they bit one.
>
>Pace.

Yellow strength please.

"We are getting to a point where many people do not live near
any independent shops" ?  I disagree.  In the big cities there
always are ones, and most rural areas have them because they
have to.  BTW there's an excellent independent bookstore near
you in Gaithersburg about hmm 2 blocks from 355 on Shady
Grove Rd.

As for "other people don't care" I must say, let's worry about
ourselves more and other people less in this issue.

	"Get scopably fresh, with Kiss"