M&D truthtelling, history & I.F. Stone(WAS Publisher's Weekly (fwd)

Doug Millison millison at online-journalist.com
Fri Aug 15 23:39:19 CDT 1997

Pynchon points out that paper is the medium for shit, money, and the word,
but he  revels in story-telling everywhere:  from the oral teller of tales,
to film and TV, on stage, everywhere. It's the story that counts, the
poetry, the words, the images, the metaphors. We get it from Pynchon in
books and the occasional magazine or newspaper article or CD liner notes,
but it's clear that he absorbs and re-interprets all these other media,
with a loving sensibility that seems to cross over into fan appreciation at
times.

D O U G  M I L L I S O N ||||||||||||| millison at online-journalist.com