Pynchon 1st Editions

R ed Bug redbug at hyperarts.com
Sat Aug 23 13:15:38 CDT 1997

The "Viking hardback" you own sounds like a later reprint, done in the
late 80s-early90s. The original printing in 1973 has no "countdown." Also,
because the paperback and hardback were published simultaneously in 1973,
the paperback first ed. has some collectibility, usually in fine condition
around $40-$50.

Tim Ware
HyperArts
www.hyperarts.com