converge, assemble, meet, unite

ckaratnytsky at nypl.org ckaratnytsky at nypl.org
Tue Aug 26 10:07:05 CDT 1997

     Here's the deal:

     You're all going to give Chris a little bit of a cosmic jolt by
     meeting me at what is, mostly out of habit after so many years, my
     favorite cafe.

     It is the Cafe Orlin, at 41 St. Mark's Place (8th Street), between 2nd
     and 1st Avenues.  We'll meet there tomorrow, Wednesday, at 7PM, sit,
     eat, talk.  Depending on how everyone feels, we'll move on later to an
     Irish bar near Bill Millard's band rehearsal--the Triple Crown, at 330
     7th Avenue, between 28th and 29th Streets--and hope to see him there.
     If anyone wants to meet us as the TC instead of the Orlin, I'd say to
     shoot for some time after 9PM, but the guarantee that we'll make it
     there is a loose one.

     If I haven't already received some mail from you indicating your
     interest, please send something to the home address at

     christinekaratnytsky at juno.com

     I'd like to know how many people to save space for at the Orlin--I'll
     be getting there a bit early.  As I recall, they've recently added a
     new seating area, separated from the main room by a glass partition.
     That's what I'm heading for, if all goes well.

     For those who haven't yet met me, I have medium length dark hair and a
     tattoo on my left bicep that says "Mittelwerk lives!"  I will be
     vibrating out of my socks in anticipation.  (Helloooo, veg!)
     Everybody back--radioactive!

     (Special to Sojourner:  Add this film to your behavior mod therapy,
     once get down with the ref.  You'll do Thomas Pynchon proud, you
     cinematic wonder you.)

     Chris, who would like one of those cool Bad Priest outfits from the
     gift shop in Malta, please