Aloes was (Re: Pynchon First Editions)

Oli Kristjan Armannsson olikr at vortex.is
Wed Aug 27 03:37:08 CDT 1997

At 13:16 24.8.1997 -0700, Monte Smith wrote:

>By the way, I'm presuming that the Aloes reprinting of the short stories
>were completely illegal. Does anyone have the story on that?

On the last page of "Low-Lands" it says:

        First Published in Epoch Magazine, 1960
        by New World Writing No. 6, 1960.

        Reprinted by permission of Canadia Donadio
        & Associates, Inc.
        Copyright 1960 Thomas Pynchon.

The other three stories do not mention any kind of permission but they all
say where and when the stories first appeared.

                                Oli Kristjan.