concordance required

Gary L. Thompson glt at svsu.edu
Wed Aug 27 11:36:12 CDT 1997

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997 Dkipen at AOL.COM wrote:

> Dear peers,
>
> Can someone out there help me find the passage, I think in GR, where the
> narrator refers to that kind of building or landscape which nobody can look
> upon "without thinking 'chase scene, chase scene'"? I hate to use you all for
> scutwork like this, but Don Larsson was so helpful in finding a GR passage
> suitable for my wedding ceremony that I've come to think of you all as the
> searchable GR. As soon as I get a scanner, I still mean to post that photo of
> me up there on the altar between the rabbi and my bride, GR in hand...
>
> Best,
> David

This has been driving me crazy, so I finally got down my copy with the
pages falling out (in my office) and tracked it down. It's on 637 in the
Viking, when Mexico has just confronted Pointsman in Clive Mossmoon's
office and declared himself the Antipointsman:

	Pointsman won't look at him. Won't meet his eyes. That's what
Roger wanted. The security police show up as an anticlimax, although
afiocionados of the chase scene, those who cannot look at the Taj Mahal,
the Uffizi, the Statue of Liberty withouthing thinking chase scene, chase
scene, wow yeah Douglas Fairbanks scampering across that moon minaret
there--those enthusiasts may find interest in the following: [u.s.w.]

Given what has just preceded this, I think David's address line is quite
appropriate.

Gary Thompson