call for papers

Sojourner sojourner at vt.edu
Fri Aug 29 06:47:20 CDT 1997

At 02:51 AM 8/29/97 PDT, Thomas Vieth wrote:

>Do you like monster movies? I love monster movies. I simply adore
>monster movies, and the cheaper they are the better they are. But true
>cheapniss has nothing to do with the budget of the film, although it
>helps...
>
>Anyone recognize that...?

Yep.  I'm not a big fan of movies myself (the name "movies" gives
me the howling fantods, I prefer films or cinematic productions or
just plain cinema) but the budget is hardly a qualifier for a movie's
appeal, else Ishtar would be a beloved classic and nobody would
watch poor God-zilla.

I do like a few films.. and there will always be a sentimental spot
in my heart for La Cinema Paradiso.. especially the dubbed version
where the kid yells "It tastes like sweet butter!" (this expression can
be used in a variety of situations *hint*hint*)

	"I can't help but feel
	 I could blow through the scenery
	 If I just turn around..
	 And it wears me out."