call for papers

Tom Stanton tstanton at nationalgeographic.com
Sat Aug 30 05:59:03 CDT 1997

At 02:51 AM 8/29/97 PDT, Thomas Vieth wrote:
>Do you like monster movies? I love monster movies. I simply adore
>monster movies, and the cheaper they are the better they are. But true
>cheapniss has nothing to do with the budget of the film, although it
>helps...
>
>Anyone recognize that...?

I love monster movies, but  must draw the line on cheap classics
somewhere in the late 70s. After "Carrie" and "Friday the 13th" they
became too soaked in cheap gore and stupid sex to really enjoy. My
son insists one film, billed as "the bloodiest ever" is a classic because
it contains a scene where one protaganist, surrounded by zombies
that plan to beat him to death, is rescued by a kung-fu Roman Catholic
priest who announces, "I kick ass for the Lord," as he windmill kicks
the zombies and beheads them. So may be there is hope...