Duly impressed

Dan Schmidt dfan at harmonixmusic.com
Thu Jan 9 10:46:10 CST 1997

I have to say that this list has the best musical taste of any large
group I've ever been associated with.  I was going to keep that to
myself, but the recent mention of Slapp Happy sent me over the edge.

Recent spins here include Louis Andriessen, Henry Threadgill, Don
Byron, Beethoven (string quartets), Vagn Holmboe, Fugazi, Tom Ze, Yo
La Tengo, Alfred Schnittke, Hans Werner Henze, Loud Family, Morton
Feldman, Gabrieli.

Oh, and the literary taste ain't bad either.  It seems like this is
the closest thing there is to a William Gaddis list.  I must admit to
only getting 100 pages into JR and 900 (ouch) into The Recognitions,
though I've read the other two.  I'll have to give them another go
some time.

Dan