Advice from a Prodigal Son

Steelhead sitka at teleport.com
Thu Jan 30 22:54:51 CST 1997

My 12 year old son, truant with the flu, opened my email this morning to
Mascaro's most recent spasm. Among other aspersions, my son alerts me to
the following different insults hurled at me in a single post. "HEY, Dad,
this guy called you:

a paranoid
a shit
a bully
an unregenerate
a lurker
a liar
a crude parodist (my favorite)
a demagogue
a fascist
a pornographer
a totalitarian
a leftist
a cheap trick artist
an exploiter of the deaths of friends (is that a necro-grapher?)
holier-than-thou (of course)
obsessed, and
an ignoramous

"Dad, I know some bros in Compton and the LBC, take this whitey for a long
ride." Nat's into some hard core rap.

"No, son. That wouldn't be the civil thing to do."

"Whatever. Can I play Spin Doctor now?"

"Sure, whatever."

See, Mascaro, I saved your honkey ass from some serious shit.

Steely