Advice from a Prodigal Son

Henry M gravity at nicom.com
Fri Jan 31 06:41:27 CST 1997

Guess I'm one of those controlling type parents. Hate the idea of V
chips or filters, so I get the email myself and discuss television
programming with my 12 yo daughter (who hardly watches any
television, btw).

I periodically archive any p-list messages that I want to keep. Same
goes for any overly personal correspondence. It's better for the
computer, and keeps the messages out of accidental sight.

On 30 Jan 97 at 21:54, Steelhead wrote:

> My 12 year old son, truant with the flu, opened my email this
> morning to Mascaro's most recent spasm. Among other aspersions, my
> son alerts me to the following different insults hurled at me in a
> single post. "HEY, Dad, this guy called you:
>
> a paranoid
> a shit
> a bully
> an unregenerate
> a lurker
> a liar
> a crude parodist (my favorite)
> a demagogue
> a fascist
> a pornographer
> a totalitarian
> a leftist
> a cheap trick artist
> an exploiter of the deaths of friends (is that a necro-grapher?)
> holier-than-thou (of course) obsessed, and an ignoramous
>
> "Dad, I know some bros in Compton and the LBC, take this whitey for
> a long ride." Nat's into some hard core rap.
>
> "No, son. That wouldn't be the civil thing to do."
>
> "Whatever. Can I play Spin Doctor now?"
>
> "Sure, whatever."
>
> See, Mascaro, I saved your honkey ass from some serious shit.
>
> Steely

My mother was of the sky... -- JL
My mother is the war...
Keep cool, but care. -- TRP
Moderation in moderation. -- Husky Mariner
Not having that, which having... :-(

http://www.nicom.com/~gravity