Sirius: Dogon' Fish-y?

Eric Alan Weinstein E.A.Weinstein at qmw.ac.uk
Mon Jul 21 16:49:53 CDT 1997

I think Matt Weiner made some good comments about the way
the synopsis presents its case, particularly the (mis-)use of "primitive."
I must tell the list that I did not  spend last night writing that post
---it was pre-existent Paragon magazine feature, and is unattributed.
I had searched the web for what seemed a reasonable article, because
I had been going on about  Temple and Tom Robbins (my "better
copy of epic invocations" post, and then last night's Astrology post)
and I felt that something informative and shorter than a 300 page book
was should be made available for general use.

 Now, for goodness sake, I'm not some flat out proponent
of Temple's work on Sirius, although I have the book and
believe it to be reasonably credible; possibly possible; and anyway
interesting.
What I am aware of is that this material must reasonably be
considered within Pynchon's field of vision writing the book,
in front of us, and perhaps even structures a few suggestive,
strange sentences.

     Part of me sees quite clearly that spending Too Much time
concerning oneself with Pynchon's occasional referances to
Weird Stuff or even Theological Stuff is to misrepresent
Pynchon's probable authorial interests and desires. It is for that
reason that I shall now refrain from discussing John Dee  royal
Astronomer with his house at Mortlake, or anything about Enoch,
or anything Harold Bloom has to say in Omens of ...y'know.
Nuttin'.

In fact, I off reading Eminant Victorians and the Steampunk
Trilogy tonight.

Thank you,
Eric
Eric Alan Weinstein