Blankets

Matthew P Wiener weemba at sagi.wistar.upenn.edu
Fri Jun 6 14:55:38 CDT 1997

David Casseres wrote:

>Matthew Weiner sez

>>And I am not doing that whatsoever.  Sheesh.  Meanwhile, the song remains
>>baldly inaccurate, historywise.  Deal with it, eh?  Scrambling to find
>>*somewhere* a positive spin *somehow* on its historical contents is not
>>going to work.

>[...] the song is neither corroborated nor contradicted by history,
>so how the hell can it be "baldly inaccurate, historywise"?  History
>does not say anything at all about the song.

I listed numerous features of the song that were grossly inaccurate so
far as history goes.  You keep pretending I did not.

>>  on the money.  The guts of the song are indeed baldly inaccurate, as I
>>showed with point by point enumeration of its disconnection from reality.

>You showed nothing but a lack of written documentation,

Liar.

>>You may bother to note that most of the historical errors had nothing to
>>do with the blankets before lying your head off about what I did or did
>>not "try to pass off".

>There are no "historical errors" to note.

I noted many.  The only attempts to refute me were pretty ridiculous, like
claiming "the West" did not mean "the West", and so on.

>                                           Do not call me a liar;

Then stop lying.  Duh.

>								   you did
>indeed try to pass off a lack of evidence as contradictory evidence, and
>you are still doing so.

You're lying again.  I did not try to pass anything off, for one thing.
--
-Matthew P Wiener (weemba at sagi.wistar.upenn.edu)    If Apple owned
 NBC, they would sue Nike for comedy-interface copyright violation.