Lotion (a brief review)

Shirley Lim slim at humanitas.ucsb.edu
Thu May 15 13:01:13 CDT 1997

I'd agree with jester in most points. However, he completely left out
"precious tiny," which is one big, fun, ten minute track of musical
masturbation and screaming guitars, and which is also, IMHO, the best
track. It's astounding how many reviewer's copies of the album I've
found at almost every indie store, considering it's high quality. Lotion's
first album, _Full_Isaac_ is also pretty good, and it's even got a song
about the Yanks pitcher who threw a no hitter while on acid. Sounds lots
more surf-rock than _Nobody's_Cool_. I'm still looking for the "tear"
single, as well as the  _Juggernaut_ ep.

	Gershom Bazerman (from the wrong address)