T.C. Boyle, SNYTBR

jporter jp4321 at IDT.NET
Sat May 17 13:18:07 CDT 1997

Nice job T.C.. I even forgive you your unconscious racism (in an effort to
be cool) floating along in the river niger. But maybe it wasn't your
unconscious racism but my own projection of same, eh?

Anyway, it's a great review. I'm sure Pynchon, if not Mason, was thinking
of your rendition of the gallows/body snatchers, etc., when he crafted M&D.
Tip 'o hat to you, bro. Not many other Dutch/Irish novelists of your
caliber.

Your on target, controlled but effusive praise, fuels not only my enjoyment
of M&D, but makes me want to pick up some more T.C. Boyle.

jody