M&D Neophyte, any takers?

Sojourner sojourner at vt.edu
Wed Sep 10 10:46:20 CDT 1997


At 08:32 AM 9/10/97 -0700, Greg Montalbano wrote:

>I say:  we've got to find you a job -- you've got WAY too much time on your
>hands.
>(I can barely manage to read all this stuff, let alone find the time to
>respond)
>
>~G~

Ach! I doth protest!  I work full-time my good fellow, for an illustrious
and small town institution of archived information, a veritable clearing
house for our nation's, and indeed, the world's learned works, both
academic and literary!  

I also manage a freelance jousting career, but that's mainly a seasonal
thing *grin*

In reality, I will say this to you, kind responder of mine post:

Read on if ye will, or tosseth mine words onto the digital slag-heap
of your applicable client.  I ask not for your money, nor do I implore
you to lend me your ears, but only for a moment of your time.  I seek
nothing more than this in return, and do not suffer the bolts and arrows
of scorn, nor the searing heat of praise, as a result.  

As for me having the time, I assure you, it is a matter of principal.  

Focus like a laser, and you can burn through the temporal restrictions
of your life.  Scatter like a greasy glass, and it is indeed a wonder how
to READ all of your email, much less write some in return (or at least,
with enough coherency to warrant your effort).

I receive approximately 85 emails a day, both work and pleasure,
maintain a full-time job, enjoy strange and bizarre hobbies, correspond
with learned goats on 3 continents, and still manage to get [by] with
a little help from my friends.  

I assure you it can be done!


	"Thy will be done,
	 You've had your fun
	 And now you're an angel
	 playing in the sun"

	   --first draft, from the memoirs
	      of Edward "Limey" Spencer


*grin*





More information about the Pynchon-l mailing list