NP meta-P-list posturing Re: Alpha males Cutting noses and spiteing faces

rj rjackson at mail.usyd.edu.au
Fri Jun 11 21:58:41 CDT 1999

> How is your post any different from the ones you criticize?

I'm not telling anybody else what to do.

> You seem to be
> pretty comfortable in the lecturing/hectoring mode yourself.

Sorry if it seems this way. It does seem this way. Actually, I don't
relish this type of meta-discussion at all. But I will always lay claim
to my right of reply, even when the fingers aren't being pointed
*overtly*. I can see how this might be a bitter pill for you to swallow.

> You've been
> making this point, again and again, pretty much from your first appearance
> on Pynchon-L,

Only when a would-be list-Nazi rears its ugly head, I'd submit.

> and nobody has ever stopped you from saying whatever you want
> whenever you want to say it.

Not through lack of trying though, eh Dougie-boy?

best