NP More FYI

JBFRAME at aol.com JBFRAME at aol.com
Thu Oct 26 14:08:25 CDT 2000

Voting is a very important right and even a duty.  I encourage you to vote
for the candidate whom most closely matches your philosophy - even if the
candidate is not a Republican or a Democrat.  A vote for a "3rd" party
candidate is not "wasted" for two very important reasons.

1. Republican and Democratic candidates tend to adopt positions held by "3rd"
party candidates who are popular (e.g. The National Debt in 1992 was a Perot
Issue).

2. Public funding of political campaigns is based on the percentage of the
vote received by that party in the last presidential election.

Also remember that you are not voting for the candidates directly. You are
casting votes for a slate of Presidential Electors in your home state. (note
that this also means that national polls are essentially meaningless - since
it doesn't reflect how your home state may vote).

A-and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for my previous
intemperate remarks.  Hoping no offense was taken.

Respectfully,

jbf