GRGR31: "sound-shadow" (when the roaring of the sun stops), 695, 711;

jbor jbor at bigpond.com
Thu Sep 14 17:21:13 CDT 2000

Not really, but perhaps. That fragment ('Listening to the Toilet'), coming
just after the Hiroshima headline (in the 'Streets' fragment)  and just
before the one ('Witty Repartee') where we rejoin Ichiko and Takeshi, the
"saved" kamikazes, for just a moment, is *very* enigmatic. The 27~ 26' north
latitude bearing given by one of the "voices far away at sea" on 696 during
the moment of sun-silence which falls on "the Kenosha Kid" would place it
just north of Okinawa, somewhere in the Ryukyu Archipelago (Nansei-Shoto)
between Tokunoshima and Okinoerabu-Jima. It all seems to link back to "old
hysterical Kenosho [...] the loony radarman" and his "magnetron tube" at
691.11, in the immediately previous fragment ('A Moment of Fun ...'), as
well.

But the reference to Bleicherode is there, I grant you, though retracted
almost immediately:

    "Well, you're *wrong* champ ... " etc

Could be significant I guess.

best