Pynchon Foreword to 1984

Dave Monroe davidmmonroe at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 18 21:44:41 CST 2003

Okay, here's why I gotta start reading these things in
chronological order.  Thanks, and I congratulate you
in particular on either your ingenuity (in getting
through to them quickly) or endurance (in getting
through to them at all).  Meritorious service ...

--- davemarc <davemarc at panix.com> wrote:
> The announcement of Pynchon's foreword for 1984 is
> not exaggerated--I've already checked with Plume.

And not only has Richard been a great source of
information, esp. for friends in the NYC area who can
actually take advantage of some of the items I can't,
but all he did was find and report what was on the
amazon and bn.com sites.  Citations all around ...

> And oh yes...the "Centennial Edition" refers to the
> fact that George Orwell was born in 1903.

Thought I'd mentioned that, but I see I didn't.  That
was the easy part.  Again, people, research ...