DeLillo

Tim Strzechowski dedalus204 at attbi.com
Sun Mar 30 21:55:37 CST 2003

Saw DeLillo last week at the Steppenwolf.  He and two others read a passage from Cosmopolis, which was pretty entertaining.  After, DD sat and fended questions from the audience, many of whom seemed like college students trying to get him to offer support for a thesis statement they're arguing in class.  Then he signed books in the lobby.  He was very gracious.

Tim

  The novel is only about two hundred pages, or so,
  why can't we discuss it here while we're waiting for 1984?

  It's either that or chaos, unless somebody wants to tackle the luddite
  article, or god forbid, sloth.