Meta-list: press delete now

slothenvypride slothenvypride7 at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 17:43:53 CDT 2003

For the record as well, you and a few others in this forum generally have nothing to complain about regarding the state of the "meta-list," considering how much "baiting" is made on your own part against, as usual, Millison and anyone who supports him.  And the second anyone on the list comes to the defense of said Millison, he or she is immediately branded (by the likes of you and the anti-Millison faction) as Millison sympathizers and, as a result, dismissed for their sympathies, or their anonymity, or both.

I have been a participant of this list for some years now, having posted most of my contributions during the VV group read way back under a different moniker.  I've been a casual observer of the workings of the list and the various meta-lists that crop up from time to time (usually when there's lots of down-time amid our discussion, like classroom kids given a free day) for close to seven years now.

That said, Dave Monroe is by far one of the most significant contributors to this list.  Most of the time he's the only reasonable and moderate persona amid a lot of high-brow bullshit artists or emotional flame baiters.  While others on this list -- including myself -- frequently resort to epithets (perhaps because epithets are about all some of the listers here  inpire), Monroe will forever be one of the sole voices of reason on this list.

For as much as I defend Doug, I can't say that he's one of those voices of reason.  But I think his occasional tirades are justified, considering how much you and some of the shitheads on this list bait him over, and over, and over.

In many ways, Rob, you maintain a pretty reasonable level of discourse.  At times, however, you have a tendency to mount your high horse, and when you have a few of your lackies taking up the cause, I think your superiority swells a bit.

Remember, like it or not we are *all* wanks on this list.  If we weren't, we'd all be doing something far more productive with our lives than this shit. Sad, but true.

Bull Goose Wank

jbor <jbor at bigpond.com> wrote:
For the record, and in response to Dave Monroe's constant baiting, I'll respond to a couple of his more inaccurate allegations.