alternatives

James Kyllo jkyllo at clara.net
Mon Jul 12 16:41:30 CDT 2004


Pynchon, yes - but we've group read them all twice now

I'm all for Warlock.

I would love to go through The Recognitions
(as someone suggested earlier) with this group of minds, or 
on a similar tip Vollman's Fathers and Crows (which has some
M&D parallels to hold the centre) but can't see the possibility
of a sufficient constituency to get through either.

James

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Dave Monroe 
  To: joeallonby ; teacher at inwind.it ; pynchon-l at waste.org 
  Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 10:20 PM
  Subject: Re: alternatives


  As always, I advise, Pynchon, or as close as possible
  to him.  The Education of Henry Adams, Warlock (how
  available is that to everyone here?  I have a copy--i
  storage ...), Life aaginst Death, something that's an
  acknowledged to avowed influence, maybe.  But as some
  of you have already struck up some conversation on
  "MMV," why not get taht going in earnest, at least
  while we puzzle out what more extensive work to take
  up next?  Or while we bicker about a film maybe some
  of us haven't yet had the opportunity even to see? 
  Esp. before they go off on it.  But there are those
  introductions as well ...

  http://www.themodernword.com/pynchon/pynchon_essays.html

  But, jeez, I haven't been keeping up here ...

  http://www.themodernword.com/pynchon/pynchon_essays_blurbs.html

  --- joeallonby <vze422fs at verizon.net> wrote:
  >
  > I haven't read the Dick novel. His stuff tends to
  > "read fast" so it might be a good choice for a quick
  > summer discussion.

  __________________________________________________
  Do You Yahoo!?
  Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
  http://mail.yahoo.com 





More information about the Pynchon-l mailing list