A day of small replies

Michael Bailey michael.lee.bailey at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 00:38:51 CST 2005

On 12/16/05, Glenn Scheper <glenn_scheper at earthlink.net> wrote:

> So if you download this to your windows desktop and run it,
> I will start by testing the plot logic, showing isomorphic
> axes X and Y, and a +1 slope line.
>
> Then try its 4 buttons:
>        GR rank,
>        GR n(rank)
>        KJV rank,
>        KJV n(rank)
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~glenn_scheper/gr_plot.exe

It works great!  The graphs _are_ similar between the works

> You know, rushing a product to market always risks the
> "demonstration effect". But it can't be any worse than
> when I was in about 4-th grade: At home I was playing
> with a oscillating relay, feeding that into a coil to
> make a high-voltage. My source was a series of D cells
> all soldered together.

your school's show and tell sounds more dynamic than many; i've turned
in projects that stunk, but not literally like that

I remember soldering - it's a wonder we didn't all get lead poisoning
and mercury poisoning from playing with the silvery globules!

> Yours truly,
> Glenn Scheper
> http://home.earthlink.net/~glenn_scheper/
> glenn_scheper + at + earthlink.net
> Copyleft(!) Forward freely.

I'm going to take a few days off posting GRGR entries (after all, it's
not a death march, that's already been done here
http://cecilvortex.com/swath/2005/05/03/the_gravitys_rainbow_deathmarch_week_17.html
) , probably till after the 1st of the year - want to refresh my
viewpoint a little so I'm hoping to skim the rest of the archive and
more of your web site -- I found a link thereon to your p-list
postings, and read some today, but could have sworn a few weeks ago
there was a link to your "nabokov-list postings" which I made a mental
note to follow when I found time, but now cannot find (the link, that
is, having found a little time in the meantime)

Seasonal salutations!
--
"Acceptance, forgiveness, love - now that's a philosophy of life!"
-Woody Allen, as Broadway Danny Rose