P list vs. entropy?

Ghetta Life ghetta_outta at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 10 14:56:11 CST 2005


Entropy sounds about right.  The most notorious, fun & active participants 
seemed have all wandered off over the past couple years, along with the bulk 
of our past energy.  "Discussing" those essays here was nothing but a drag, 
and w/ no new novel in about 9 years it seems our fuel has grown tiresome.

COL49 hasn't been "group read" here in at least 9 years, but GR, M&D, V, VL 
have all been, some more than once.  Personally I'm not a big fan of that 
book (but I might participate in a group read of it here).  Group Reads all 
start off fine, but usually peter out in the long run, or get derailed by 
side-fighting, with only a handful keeping the ball rolling.  I think a 
start would be to see who'd like to voluteer as "hosts," to see if enough 
interest exists.

Ghetta

>From: "Joseph Tracy" <brook7 at earthlink.net>
>
>Is this list ever going to resume discussions of the works of Thomas 
>Pynchon ? COL 49  has been frequently mentioned lately. I tried hosting a 
>discussion of the C.P. Snow "Luddite" essay some months ago, and put some 
>energy into posting some questions and quotes, but the discussion never 
>went anywhere. Don't know if it was something I said or the then presence 
>of master  "phuck you 'jolly'". The list seems to be suffering from serious 
>entropy now.  Is there some other place everyone has gone?

_________________________________________________________________
Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today it's FREE! 
http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/




More information about the Pynchon-l mailing list