More on the blurb brouhaha

jd wescac at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 14:31:52 CDT 2006

I'm flipping through my copy now, the more I look at it the more I
think it was self-published.  The book design is credited solely to
"Bast Books" and the cover was designed by his wife Jess.  Bast also
seems to be from the same city / state that the author is from.  I
don't remember how I stumbled across it but I do reccomend it to any
Pynchon fan, and if he did in fact self-publish, damn, more power to
him because it seems he's gotten a decent amount of recognition for
it, and it sounds like now he's going to have the time to dedicate
himself to writing because of it / his second book which should be
coming out soon-ish.