Ethical Diversions

MalignD at aol.com MalignD at aol.com
Thu Jun 22 16:17:32 CDT 2006

<< I think the difference between Catch-22 and GR in this regard is
instructive. In Catch-22 it's as if the Holocaust never happened (for the reasons which
Heller gave). That's not the case in GR i don't  think. >>

I don't think so either; they're in some ways similar cases, but not
identical.

As for the other, what you call the taboo, it will never be more than a hunch
of mine, save P himself discussing it (fat chance).  But were I a young
non-Jew, I would think long and hard about whether I dared wade into the Holocaust
in a work of fiction.