AtdTDA: [38] Station Break

robinlandseadel at comcast.net robinlandseadel at comcast.net
Tue Aug 5 08:16:46 CDT 2008

Well, the Missus and I are off to the coast. As all of Oba's
books are lying in a heap on the floor next to me and as
I'm actually taking a little time off, there's a three-day
pause to absorb the transition into the present that the
book just went through. I don't know if I'll have access to a
computer [probably will] but in any case Gail takes
precedence for the next three days.

So here's a few questions:

What's Heaven to You? Parnassus? Shambhala? Paris? Trieste?
Seriously, because as far as I can tell, the Rue Du Depart
sequence is just as much about heaven as Gravity's Rainbow is
about hell.

"V." veterans? How much of this scene is a return to the scene of
TRP's earlier literary crimes?

How do you get to heaven anyway? Faith? Works? Just making
a habit of doing good without the expectation of anything in return?

Is Professor Vanderjuice really Professor Farnsworth?

Jesse gets an A+ for his paper on page 1076. Is this fair?

a-a-a-and what's with all these vectors anyway?

See ya on the funway, which is already in progress. . . .