Let's think about Byron the Bulb

David Morris fqmorris at gmail.com
Mon May 12 10:42:23 CDT 2008

Calvin's concept of the "elect" is a product of two concepts:  God's
omniscience and salvation via God's Grace (as opposed to any good
works of "fallen" man).   Through omniscience God knows who will
accept his free gift of salvation, and because even the act of
accepting this gift would be a "good work" on the part of the
individual, God actually chooses the "elect" from the very beginning
of creation.

Essentially Calvanism exposes a number of logical failings in basic
Christian theology.

David Morris