NP: PBS Pollin' Palin

Dave Monroe against.the.dave at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 13:29:51 CDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Dave Monroe
<against.the.dave at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Henry <scuffling at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> http://www.pbs.org/now/polls/poll-435.html
>
> Not that I'm one to politick here (no, seriously), but ...

Ask yourself: how has "elitism" become a bad word in American
politics? There is simply no other walk of life in which extraordinary
talent and rigorous training are denigrated. We want elite pilots to
fly our planes, elite troops to undertake our most critical missions,
elite athletes to represent us in competition and elite scientists to
devote the most productive years of their lives to curing our
diseases. And yet, when it comes time to vest people with even greater
responsibilities, we consider it a virtue to shun any and all
standards of excellence. When it comes to choosing the people whose
thoughts and actions will decide the fates of millions, then we
suddenly want someone just like us, someone fit to have a beer with,
someone down-to-earth—in fact, almost anyone, provided that he or she
doesn't seem too intelligent or well educated....

http://www.newsweek.com/id/160080/page/3

...  the Rove-Cheney cabal is using Sarah Palin as a stalking horse,
an Evita figure, to put a popular, populist face on the coming police
state and be the talk show hostess for the end of elections as we know
them. If McCain-Palin get in, this will be the last true American
election. She will be working for Halliburton, KBR, Rove and Cheney
into the foreseeable future -- for a decade perhaps -- a puppet
"president" for the same people who have plundered our treasure, are
now holding the US economy hostage and who murdered four thousand
brave young men and women in a way of choice and lies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/naomi-wolf/the-battle-plan-ii-sarah_b_128393.html

I am not Switzerland, nor was meant to be ...