Prising some Character and Emotion out of Pynchon's Books

Robin Landseadel robinlandseadel at comcast.net
Sun Jul 26 12:12:12 CDT 2009

Not no mo'!

Ya might say I've been re-possessed, nuck. nuck, nuck.

Used to live with a Crowley-ite who was also a Curly-ite.

1—2—3—4:

Tain't never gonna work in a magic shoppe no mo',

no mo' . . .

Tain't never gonna work in a magic shoppe no mo' . . .

I don't care what Crowley don't allow,

ain't gonna work fo' no damn wiccans no how,

Tain't never gonna work in a magic shoppe no mo'.

On the other hand, working in Wiccan tchotkerias taught me two little
goodies that rilly, rilly, rilly applies to Pynchon,  a thing or two
that has direct application to fans of the Pynchon.

First time around, I learned a bit about the Brotherhood of Eternal
Love.

http://www.ocweekly.com/2005-07-07/features/lords-of-acid

Second, in my previous job I had a lot of the on the job training
concerning "Mineral Magic," Buddhism and the line of metaphysicians
than runs from the theosophists through Waite and Crowley that has
direct application to Against the Day and for that alone I'm grateful.