Andrzej Zulawski's The Devil (1972)
John Bailey
sundayjb at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 21:53:59 CST 2009
I think I mentioned Zulawski's Possession here once - amazing, amazing
film. Looking at the comments on his other flicks on imdb.com, it
seems they're all of a similar (very distinctive) style. Very
off-putting for a lot of viewers, clearly...Can't think of another
director who turns the HYSTERIA knob up to 11 and keeps it there the
whole movie.
On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 2:37 PM, rich <richard.romeo at gmail.com> wrote:
> p.s. reminds one a little of Potocki's Manuscript Found at Saragossa
>
> rich
>
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM, rich <richard.romeo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> NP--surreal Polish horror--an 18th century story made for a 20th
>> century audience.
>>
>> a very very strange ending, too
>>
>> highly recommend.
>>
>> never heard of this director but I'm very intrigued
>>
>> http://www.slantmagazine.com/dvd/dvd_review.asp?ID=1229
>>
>> rich
>>
>
More information about the Pynchon-l
mailing list