Very misc related to grace

Bekah bekah0176 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 27 15:21:48 CST 2012

Very nicely put, Laura -  and I have to say that although I'm one of those who prefer the "progressive-knotting-into" approach,  I can sympathize with those who enjoy the "anarchistic, exuberant splatter painting"  effect.

I guess I read for the ideas although I certainly don't expect anything really new - just new twists or points of view  (hopefully).   Other times I read for the style and structure and literary stuff.  Sometimes I read for the plot - sometimes I read just to escape my lonely head.

A few of my year's best reads:

New Finnish Grammar by Diego Marani
Wish You Were Here by Graham Swift
Galore by Michael Crummey
The Blue Mountain by Meir Shalev  (an older book)
The Agent Esmeralda by Don Delillo (short stories)
Reamde by Neal Stephenson
The Ministry of Special Cases by Nathan Englander

Bekah