Siege Party at Gatsby's (WAS- Re: 60s..cultural turn inward?)

alice wellintown alicewellintown at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 09:22:11 CDT 2013

The reason that Stencil refers to himself as Stencil is obvious enough
since the author tells us that Stencil is a parodic character, a parody of
Henry Adams. Though the P-Industry has cast Stencil in the role of
postmodern character, aware of his two dimensional existence, this casting
is projection, often a projection that applies the theory of postmodern
deaths, death of character, plot, etc....not willing to, or not able to
abide the total uselessness of their Educations, they, like Robert Graves,
hunt the albino in the sewer and shoot themselves in the ass.