Bleeding Edge Cover

Monte Davis montedavis at verizon.net
Tue Apr 16 11:48:30 CDT 2013

Good thumbnail. My family lived on E. 23rd St., but in 1960-1966 I attended Collegiate School on W. 77th (as Jackson Pynchon did more recently). In good weather we traipsed daily to either Central Park or Riverside Park for recreation. Most of my classmates lived on  either Upper West or Upper East Side. In 1973-1976 I shared one of those sprawling prewar apartments on W. 76th with a changing cast of other writing/editing/publishing types. I've had friends in the neighborhood and around Columbia ever since, so still feel comfortable in the streetscape and landscape -- but in the socioeconomic-scape, with the changes you note, not so much.