Re To The Wonder and Against the Day

Lemuel Underwing luunderwing at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 20:09:53 CDT 2013

Hmm still in the process of reading AtD... and what a treasure of a book it
is!
is wonder of the natural beautiful world a theme in it?
I keep reading the Natural world coming down to a strange sort of
Mundane... I think of Skip the Ball-Lightning... or else proving Nature
itself closer to the unimaginable, beyond the clearly delineated borders of
what has been thought of as Natural... maybe that's where the wonder comes
in... or is it Lew's idea Grace?
Religiosity in AtD seems confined to Anarchists, Mathematicians, Aeronauts,
and those peculiar Strangers...?
But, like I said, I haven't finished reading it yet, and my head is over
intoxicated in apparent themes that will no doubt prove the giddy mirages
of a first read.
I-it's just too fun to want it to end... I had the same problem with Mason
& Dixon.