GR translation: Bakerbakerbaker!

James Kyllo jkyllo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 10:41:36 CDT 2013

I've found the following in the search within of a book called
"Seventy Years of Exploration in Oceanography"

"We had arranged four semaphore flag signals:

ABLE ABLE ABLE Destructive tsunami Pacific Ocean
BAKER BAKER BAKER Destructive tsunami Marshall Islands
CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE minor tsunami
DOG DOG DOG no tsunami"

(at the time of the bomb testing at Bikini Atoll in 1952,
interestingly but probably irrelevantly)

so - I think the somebody in sonar may be reporting a signal received
in a prearranged code.