Fwd: Can Such Things Be?
Mark Kohut
mark.kohut at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 09:58:22 UTC 2025
But "detective novels"?...C'mon....that genre slur deserves burial after
Chandler, Le Carre and others....V could be called a detective novel or a
spy novel....after *Against the Day *which incorporated Everything of his
vision, he had to begin again
with the world after his lifetime's seeing and creating...imo
I want to add that we all know he was almost always---since GR---working on
more than one at a time so this shouldn't surprise too much except that
both are done at the same time...
On Sat, Aug 2, 2025 at 5:39 AM Mark Kohut <mark.kohut at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ---------
> From: Mark Kohut <mark.kohut at gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, Aug 2, 2025 at 5:37 AM
> Subject: Fwd: Can Such Things Be?
> To: pynchon -l <pynchon-l at waste.org>
>
>
> Rosenbaum is very estimable BUT this on Pynchon Not being as ambitious as
> he once was must be written for Know Nothing types......of course, who is,
> after a long lifetime of three massively intense masterpieces and
> more.........
>
> But "detective novels"?...C'mon....that genre slur deserves burial after
> Chandler, Le Carre and others....V could be called a detective novel or a
> spy novel....
>
> So there's another?....wonderful news...
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ---------
> From: j e l <ssnomes at gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, Aug 2, 2025 at 12:51 AM
> Subject: Can Such Things Be?
> To: <pynchon-l at waste.org>
>
>
> lots of good stuff in here but skip way down to the 2nd new TRP novel
> rumor...via Jonathan Rosenbaum, Film Critic:
>
> I’m also looking forward to Jim Jarmusch’s new film—Father, Mother, Sister,
> Brother (2025). I’m curious about Paul Thomas Anderson’s new film, One
> Battle After Another (2025), even though I didn’t really like his
> adaptation of Inherent Vice (2014). I don’t think Vineland is a great
> novel, but it’s a good novel. It has more possibilities. I don’t think
> Pynchon is as ambitious now as he once was, and it seems he’s now
> interested in writing these detective novels. They’re still fun to read,
> though. When I last spoke with Hat & Beard Press, the publisher of In
> Dreams Begin Responsibilities, they confirmed that Pynchon actually has a
> second completed novel in addition to the one that will arrive in
> October—Shadow Ticket.
>
> --jel
> --
> Pynchon-L: https://waste.org/mailman/listinfo/pynchon-l
>
More information about the Pynchon-l
mailing list